Work PermitLink to work permit information on pausd.org
If you would like to work and you are not yet 18 years of age, you will need a work permit.
Before you begin the application process, please note the following:
- Students must have an offer of a paid job.
- Students may not work private residences (except students who work for their own parents in their own home)
- We do not issue blank work permits
- We do not issue blanket work permits
- Students working for a third party (employment agency) must have the end site, where they are physically working, listed as the employer with that business' address and signature on the work permit application. We do not issue work permits to employment agencies.
- A work permit is needed for each and every job that a student holds
- Work permits expire five days into the new school year and must be renewed as needed
- All minors need a work permit to legally work in California
- Work permits are only issued by the school district to students who attend a Palo Alto Unified School. If you attend a private school, charter school or are homeschooled, you must seek a permit from your school site administrator.
Please follow the steps listed below to apply for a work permit:
- Complete Work Permit Application Form (CDE Form B1-1). Make sure that you complete all 4 sections of the permit for prompt processing. If sections are left blank or incomplete, we will not be able to process your application.
- To process your application, please contact Jessica Tabron (email@example.com) of the Curriculum and Career Education office to set up an appointment.
- All appointments will take place at the Greendell site, Secondary Options portable:
Curriculum and Career Education Office
4120 Middlefield Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
- The permit will be signed and completed during your appointment. Students will be given the permit to deliver to their employer.
- A copy of the permit will be mailed to the student’s parent/guardian
phone: (650) 833-4231