Work Permit

Link to work permit information on

If you would like to work and you are not yet 18 years of age, you will need a work permit.

Before you begin the application process, please note the following:

Please follow the steps listed below to apply for a work permit:

  1. Complete Work Permit Application Form (CDE Form B1-1). Make sure that you complete all 4 sections of the permit for prompt processing. If sections are left blank or incomplete, we will not be able to process your application.
  2. To process your application, please contact Jessica Tabron ( of the Curriculum and Career Education office to set up an appointment.
  3. All appointments will take place at the Greendell site, Secondary Options portable:
    Curriculum and Career Education Office
    Secondary options
    Portable 11
    4120 Middlefield Road
    Palo Alto, CA 94303
  4. The permit will be signed and completed during your appointment. Students will be given the permit to deliver to their employer.
  5. A copy of the permit will be mailed to the student’s parent/guardian

If you have questions please email Jessica Tabron, at or you can visit the Curriculum and Career Education office at the above address.
phone: (650) 833-4231